California Roll House by Christopher Daniel features simplest form of prefabricated house that can adapt to its desert environment. With least manipulation from its original form, this house offers futuristic visual amenities. It’s been designed with similar exterior material that provides high grade of energy efficiency and reflects heat from the sun. This material covers the entire surface of California Roll House except the glass panels that is electronically controlled to change its transparency. In order to provide optimum mobility, every structure is modularized, thus resulting rapid assembly and disassembly on site.
Situated on the dessert, the structural stand is pretty challenging. The architect uses carbon fiber truss frame underneath the exterior material to hold the entire architecture. Hydraulic powered automatic doors and security system is used for main entrance door that allows less space to operate the door mechanism. California Roll house features these latest technologies applied to its architecture that breaks the boundary of existing product or vehicle design and architectural design that brings more mobility to living spaces.
Since this house looks life half rolled surface, there’s a plain surface on the ground extended from the exterior surface. This paved area can be used for outdoor activities that require flat and artificial surface different from desert sand surface. Inside of the exterior shell is covered with fiber reinforced plastic panels.
The residents can choose where they want to place their modular windows to light the interior area. The bedroom area is completed with curtain divider and bookshelf with translucent midpart to provide privacy. In this way, the residents can have sense of privacy by delicate visual hints over as well as providing lights through. In the end, the privacy in California Roll House is controlled by its residents rather than tight blocking of spaces in-between.
Leave a comment
- 3D Wall Tile : Versatile Collection From Kutahya Seramik
- Modern Cafeteria Rog Interior Designing by AKSL
- Penhaligon’s Boutique in Singapore Features Elegant, Luxury, and Playful Interior Decor
- Modern Art Museum Lille, France by Manuelle Gautrand
- LaFenice Public Sculpture in Messina by Architecture and Vision
- Stunning Indianapolis Museum of Art Visitors Pavilion
- Obsolete designed Brooklyn Bridge Park by Michael Van Valkenburgh Associates
- Arresting Usher Hall construction by LDN Architects
- Asparagus – Plan for Boscombe Beach Hut by Giuseppe Troccoli featuring vertical form with funny play
- Mini House on Craven Road in Toronto
- Architecture Competitions
- Architecture Events
- Architecture News
- Futurist Architecture
- Green Architecture
- Interior Design